Monday 6 July 2015

3k Open Water Midlands Championships 2015

Fantastic result for me on Sunday at Bosworth Water and the Midlands Open Water ChampionshipsIt was my first time swimming 3000m and because of a change in the course, it sounds like we probably swam 3500m in the end :)

I was really pleased to see my name in 3rd place and had to look twice at my time of 42.56.02 though. I'd sort of expected a time of around 35 mins as i'd swam 2k in training and came in on 23.00.

It was sort of confirmed that the course was indeed longer than stated and many had the same opinion but to be honest, i'm not bothered as we all swam the same course and I came 3rd in my age group and 10th out of the 71 men and women that took part.

I really ought to see about a triathlon now!

Midlands Open Water Championships 2015
Midlands Open Water Championships 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment